Why Pre-Emergent Weed Control Is Especially Important In Arlington
September 15, 2022
Weed control is important for any lawn, but it's especially important in Arlington. The hot, humid climate here is ideal for weed growth, and if left unchecked, weeds can quickly take over your lawn. While you may be familiar with some of the more common lawn care practices, such as mowing and watering, you may not know much about one of the best treatments for your Arlington lawn: pre-emergent weed control. The Arlington weed control experts at Trees Hurt Too Inc. will discuss the pros of using pre-emergent weed killer in the fall, what to expect from it, and how to prepare your lawn for the treatment.
Pros Of Pre-Emergent Treatment In Fall
Weed seeds can lie dormant in the soil for years, waiting for the right conditions to germinate. When they do finally germinate, they grow quickly and spread rapidly. This can make it difficult to get rid of them once they've taken over your lawn.
One of the best times to treat your lawn for weeds is in the fall, and here's why:
- Fall is the best time to control weeds in Arlington because it gives them less time to produce seeds that can spread and create new weed problems in your lawn.
- Weeds are more susceptible to herbicides in the fall because they're actively growing and taking up nutrients from the soil.
- The cooler temperatures in the fall help to reduce the risk of injury to your lawn from pre-emergent weed control products.
- Fall is typically a drier time of year, which means that pre-emergent weed killers will have a chance to work more effectively.
- Your healthier lawn next year starts with lawn care service for weeds this fall. Contact Trees Hurt Too Inc. today to learn more about our expert lawn services to kill weeds.
What To Expect From Pre-Emergent Herbicide
Pre-emergent herbicides work by preventing weed seeds from germinating, and they're most effective when used before weed seeds have a chance to sprout.
At Trees Hurt Too Inc., we use pre-emergent herbicides that are safe for your lawn and won't cause any harm to people, pets, or the environment. We always follow professional protocols when applying pre-emergent weed killers to your lawn, and our experts are always available to answer any questions you may have. After your lawn has been treated, you can expect to see a reduction in weed growth next spring. Give us a call to learn more about our professional lawn weed removal services.
Preparing Your Lawn For Pre-Emergent Weed Control
Before we can treat your lawn for weeds, there are a few things you should do to prepare:
- Mow your lawn one last time before treatment.
- Remove any debris, such as leaves and sticks, from your lawn.
- Water your lawn thoroughly a few days before treatment.
Taking these steps will help the pre-emergent weed killer to work more effectively.
If you're not sure how to prepare your lawn for pre-emergent weed control, the experts at Trees Hurt Too Inc. can help. We'll make sure your lawn is ready for treatment so that you can get the best results possible.
Professional Pre-Emergent Weed Control Services In Arlington
If you're ready to get rid of weeds in your lawn for good, contact the pros at Trees Hurt Too Inc. Our lawn and weed control services are designed to give you the best results possible, and we pride ourselves on the highest quality of customer service. We'll work with you to create a customized lawn and weed service plan that's tailored to your specific needs.
One of our experts will come to your home to assess your weed problem and recommend the best course of action. We'll also provide you with a free estimate. Don't wait another day to get rid of those pesky weeds. Contact us today to learn more about how our Arlington lawn weed services near you can help your property look its best.