How To Protect Your Arlington Trees & Lawn From Damaging Diseases
May 14, 2021
Many Arlington homeowners take pride in their property's landscaping. Because of this, landscaping is more than a home project; it is an investment. With any investment, it is essential to protect it. Trees, lawns, and greenery are susceptible to outside sources such as diseases that can ruin and kill them, costing homeowners stress, time, and money.
If you invest in your property's landscaping, you should also take preventative measures to protect your investment. Knowing the diseases your trees and lawn are susceptible to and how to prevent them may save your wallet.
Tree And Lawn Diseases
Several diseases can affect, damage, and kill your lawn, shrubs, and trees. Although some of the conditions mentioned below are curable, prevention is best. By knowing the disease and what causes it, you can work to prevent them from happening.
- Lawn Diseases: Brown Patch Lawn Disease: Grass becomes weak and susceptible to damage because of a fungus from this disease that rots stems.
- Summer Patch Lawn Disease: The grass will show brownish-yellow circles after weeks of the grass roots being attacked.
- Take-All Lawn Disease: Lawns are not just susceptible to disease in the summer. The Take-all fungus thrives in cold weather. You will notice roots darker while the turf is yellow and thinner when the temperature rises again.
- Dollar Spot Lawn Disease: Silver circles, the size of a dollar, will appear on your lawn and can spread throughout your entire lawn.
- Red Thread Lawn Disease: Red or pink thread-like blades appear on the top of your grass.
Not only do you have to worry about fungus and diseases taking over your lawn, but weeds can also cause damage. Several types of weeds to be aware of are dandelions, crabgrass, banish weeds, ragweed, and ground ivy. These are only a handful of common weeds that can take over your landscaping and cost you the stress of removing them or of financial pressure.
Tree and Shrub Diseases:
- Mildew: Common in areas of high humidity and hot temperatures and appears as a powdery mildew
- Anthracnose: This fungal disease weakens trees, which makes them more vulnerable to pest damage
- Bacterial Leaf Scorch: A bacteria spread by insects that slowly kills a tree by blocking water flow between roots and leaves
- Hypoxylon Canker: A fungal infection that affects hardwood trees such as oaks and elms
- Fungal Conk: A highly infectious disease that contains wood-rotting fungus
- Fire Blight: A bacterial disease that affects fruit trees, which lays dormant in winter and thrives in the spring
- Texas Oak Wilt: This disease is often regarded as the most serious for oaks in Texas as it spreads through root grafts and can kill trees if not professionally treated.
- Boxwood Blight: A disease caused by a fungus that causes leaves lesions, causing leaves to die and can kill the entire plant
- Leaf Spot: A fungal disease that causes small brown to black spots on leaves that cause them to drop prematurely
Fertilization & Care Services
If you are in the Arlington, Texas area, you should consider Trees Hurt Too's services. Fertilization, tree, and lawn care services will keep your landscaping healthy and robust.
Tree and lawn services we offer include:
- Lawn Fertilization
- Weed Control
- Lawn Pest Control
- Fungus Treatment
- Soil Amendments
- Moisture Management
- Lawn Diseases
- Tree and Shrub Health
- Microinjection Technology
- Tree Diseases
- Shrub Care
- Tree Pest Control
With no contracts or service agreements, Trees Hurt Too will help keep your trees and lawn healthy. Don't let your landscaping cause you frustration and cost you money; contact Trees Hurt Too for more information.